Saturday, May 7, 2016

X-Pro2 and Classic Chrome tackle the farmers market

Whenever I visit the farmers market at Union Square I always want to photograph all the naturally organic look of the produce. This time in addition to grabbing some shots right at the market, I also picked up a few items to bring back and work into some still life setups.

I used the X-Pro2 with the Zeiss Touit 50mm macro and set the camera to Classic Chrome simulation mode. I dialed down the color a -2 to mute things even more.

Shallots. This shot was taken at the market. 


Quail eggs. I took this one straight down with the camera on a tripod. I was using an aperture of f/11 to keep everything sharp and this resulted in a slow shutter speed. The fixed position LCD on the X-Pro2 had me dreaming about the X-T2 with its articulating screen.  For this shot I needed a ladder to get my eye over the camera. An articulating screen would have let me view the scene from ground level. 


Rosemary and some old burlap I had hanging around in a the prop drawer. 


Pink Verbena flowers. 

No comments :

Post a Comment