Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Simply the sun

One thing I love about modern digital cameras is their extensive dynamic range. The ability to capture light from its brightest to its darkest in one image is definitely an improvement over the film age. This morning I we had a sky with fast moving cloud cover and the sun occasionally peeked out from behind the thinner layers of cloud. I grabbed my trusty Fuji X-T1 with the 16-135mm on it and snapped away. The top photo below is the result, a white-on-white, minimalist treatment with subtle detail everywhere.

Below that is a couple of my old favorite "shooting-the-sun" shots. One was taken in the Badlands as an early morning mist was clearing the area, and the other is a reflection of the sun in a glass partition against the sky.






No comments :

Post a Comment