Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Good morning, New York -- variations on a theme

The spire of the Chrysler Building greats the dawn in New York City. I grabbed these early morning shot with my Fuji X-T1 and the 55-200mm zoom. The lights in the spire stay on until sunrise so you can capture more than just a stark silhouette of the building when photographing it. Once the sun is up, the spire lights disappear as in the bottom two photos.

In situations like this I allow my composition to be dictated by the cloud patterns. In this changing situation from pre-dawn to sunrise, I ended up with three different formats, a square, a horizontal panorama, and a vertical panorama at the 16:9 crop setting on the camera. These photos were taken facing north so the sky color shows the reflected light from the sunrise.







No comments :

Post a Comment