Friday, October 31, 2014

The View

The reason there have not been many blog posts over the past week is that I was in the process of moving to a new apartment in New York and my main computer was down for much of the time. The move is over, although I am living in a labyrinth of card board boxes and may not fully dig out for another week or so.

One of the side benefits of this move is the view I have of the Empire State Building. I thought it might be interesting to post a series of first impressions of the view. At times they reflect a casual glimpse, at others they are more studied. Here are a few of the first images taken with the Fuji X-T1 and 18-135mm and 14mm lenses.

A night time interpretation where I wanted to convey an impression of the building as it appears when you just catch a casual glimpse of it while passing through the apartment. 


This image really needs to be seen in a larger scale, but I thought I'd include it anyway.. It was shot through the grid-like pattern of the screen curtain and gives a pointillist view of the night scene.

This photo and the one below were taken with the Fiji 14mm lens just before the day dawned this morning. 



2 comments :